5 Dec 2011

Acne Care - How to Wash Your Face Correctly

Introduction
I had acne when I was a teenager; fortunately I out grew the condition and started taking better care of my skin, especially my face. But one thing I learned when I had acne, was how to wash my face in this condition with the best acne face wash I could find.

The reason you want to wash your face differently than normal is so you do not irritate the acne you already have and also to prevent future outbreaks.

Before we get started, you should know that the main cause of your acne is excess oil (sebum) causing dead skin to clog your skins pores, trapping bacteria in the pores. This will cause your white blood cells to attack the bacteria resulting in acne.
If you search the Internet you will find that some argue that you want to use a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide and stay from cleansers with oils. 


Another argument promoted is to use the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM). This method actually uses oil to help cleanse your face.
Since oil aides in clogging you faces pores, I would stay away from the OCM method and use cleansers specifically designed for skin with acne. Also, do not use regular soap since it will dry the skin out and promote more oil production.

Proper Cleansing Methods
Here is how I washed my face when I had acne, not only did it prevent the spread of infection, but it also helped to stop future outbreaks.
  • First get the right cleanser that is designed for skin with acne, preferably one that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl and no oils.
  • Use warm water to help open your pores that will allow the cleanser to get in and clean out the oils, bacteria and dead skin.
  • Using a soft cloth or just your hands, rub the cleanser in your face and then remove the cleanser by rinsing your face with warm water. Pay particular attention to the "T-zone" area. That is the area of your forehead, nose and chin; this is more susceptible to acne breakouts.
  • After cleansing, apply a moisturizer to keep you skin hydrated.
  • Perform this cleansing operation twice a day, once in the morning and once before retiring.
Conclusion
Using this cleansing method, you will be able to help reduce acne outbreaks and help clear up the acne you already have.
I performed this face wash for acne during the years I was susceptible to acne. It helped stop and prevented future outbreaks of acne on my face. If you want to prevent or eliminate acne, you need to properly clean your face.

Jimmy C has been studying skin care for many years because of his skin problems in his youth. He is the Editor in Chief of a number of skin care web sites. Being a victim of acne in his younger days, he has researched this subject to help people prevent and stop acne. He has also studied many aspects of caring for the bodies skin and keeping it youthful and free of irritants.

For more information on caring for acne or other facial blemishes and keeping your youthful appearance go to his web sites at http://www.skinguidelines.com/p/causes-and-cures-for-acne.html or http://www.squidoo.com/cause-and-cures-of-acne.



No comments:

Post a Comment